I have an ambitious personality with nearly 30 years of experience in the computer and information technology field, seeking a leadership position in a dynamic business environment where my unique skill set can be used to its potential.
I strive to make sure any given technology strategy is not just in place for its own sake, but actually exists to serve the overall business requirements. I have a deep-seated passion for this industry and believe that nothing is impossible.
A vision of the big picture with a detailed understanding of the graphic detail has helped me to repeatedly make decisions that extract 80% of the value with 20% of the cost.
I endeavor to fulfill the corporate mission, or help invent a new one.
I am very results driven, and have been recognized for taking on major and groundbreaking initiatives.
Adaptation to rapidly changing environmental factors, resolution of critical issues has helped me to ensure bottom-line success.
I live and breathe technology, and do it pretty well.
Launched a new consulting company in 2013 focused on software development and technology consulting. Built a large local and national client base and provided excellent service and delivered premium software products and systems to our clients.
Ahoy Consulting is a software development and information technology and engineering systems consultancy
- Full product lifecycle production/development of dozens of application and backend systems for local and national clients
- Produced and launched multiple iOS and android mobile apps into marketplaces, ranging from simple recipe apps and data collection kiosk styleapps to games and social media apps
- Custom built, and integration with a complete range of e-commerce configurations spanning from simple crowdsourcing collection systems and t-shirt sales to sophisticated membership and product sales systems and complex accounting systems tied into popular commercial accounting packages.
- Systems development and integration expertise in claim processing and medical billing, electronic document generation and lifecycle oversight, inventory management, and varying types logistics and fulfillment scenarios.
- Workflow and process optimization, through the development of scratch built modules as well as integration into many popular CRM and workflow systems
- Project management, auditing, code review, and technology and systems assessments
- Engineering life-cycle testing and production streamlining
- Product development, marketing and deployment strategies, market penetration and user adoption
- Infrastructure architecture/design, implementation, monitoring and management
- Information security architecture/design and deployment, monitoring and management
Spatial networks is a geospatial engineering and consulting firm
- Migrated all production and staging systems to Chef Systems Integration Framework
- Built suite of performance benchmark and stress testing tools
- Development of geospatial data warehouse using MongoDB and Postgres under a ROR application
- Development of subscription and data inventory management system, tracking and versioning digital assets and delivery
- Ruby/Rails development on several other customer-facing software-as-a-service applications
- Architecture and deployment of distributed application and database servers in AWS cloud environment
- Migration to completely re-written e-commerce backend, integrating multiple software offerings into a unified revenue colleciton and accounting system
- Overhauled/replaced internal network and security systems including firewall, VPN, and site-to-site replication
Responsible for company-wide team of pre/post sales systems engineers, resource allocation, training and vendor certification. Increased revenue and nearly tripled the business division. Responsible for selecting best-of-breed technologies in the IT space, establishing and building partnerships with these hardware / software manufacturers, and developing a value-proposition and go to market strategy.
GCA is a national VAR (Value-added reseller) with 7 locations in the US.
- Report directly to CEO as trusted member of executive team influencing focus on core business competencies and future direction
- Created customer product and service delivery model including installation and implementation methodologies, ensuring customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Manage technical team responsible for large demanding customer base as well as company-wide national IT support and infrastructure systems
- Successfully developed and deployed configuration management procedures, disaster recovery, information security and numerous other improvements for internal IT systems
- Spearheaded large migration to cloud based services and virtual desktop, reducing budget impact and shifting costs from CAPEX to OPEX
- Developed numerous ground breaking marketing strategies using social media and other web 2.0 technologies directly targeting technical customer base
- Developed plan to move ailing training division back into profitability leveraging open-source technologies and engaging the local technical community
- Created major process improvement initiative to drastically increase re-useability of code and documentation efforts
- Re-design and implementation of billing, hard and soft asset deployment tracking and accounting
- Design and implementation of SugarCRM implementation an integration into existing CRM systems and internal tools
- Developed new business plan, revenue models and extensive market research for outsourced IaaS/PaaS division
Member of local post-sales support team on all Sun products for customers in the west central Florida region. Local service advocate for key Sun customers. Senior level Sun hardware and software engineer.
Sun Microsystems, Inc. ( now Oracle ) is a company selling computers, computer components, computer software, and information technology services.
- Responsible for local service level agreement delivery for Sun customers
- Managed customer support expectations ensuring systems availability while reducing time-to resolution efforts
- Created a positive view of service efforts creating a fertile environment for the sales team to increase Sun footprint
- Provided real-time feedback to the sales team of “conditions on the front” to arm them with information to ensure successful sales strategies
- Responsible for facilitating customer relationships with support and providing advice and assistance to internal Sun employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues
- Developed automated process for generating customer report information, leveraging modified internal tools
- Numerous root-cause analysis and advanced troubleshooting success stories
- Regional leader in advanced storage systems deployment and training
Co-founder of a high-tech startup, and helped to develop groundbreaking interactive television technology. Helped craft a unified vision of application and user-interface, marketing strategies and strategic company wide vision. Directed development, integration, architecture, and deployment
- Member of executive staff, formulated emerging strategy and market integration
- Responsible for company wide IT infrastructure and cable system integration
- Architected hardware and software development environment for set-top and back-end developer staff
- Contract negotiation and technology partner relations
- Built early B2B e-commerce system with direct integration into accounting system
- Managed trade-show deployments and industry marketing/positioning
Rapidly rose through the ranks at GTEDS with increasing responsibility, from programmer and systems administrator to team lead and department manager. Worked on many extremely high-visibility projects and was actively involved with planning and contributed to their ultimate success
GTE Corporation (Now Verizon) was the largest of the "independent" US telephone companies during the days of the Bell System
- Department manager responsible for development environment and all test-dev environments under the AWAS and AAIS project teams
- Key player responsible for the hardware and software architecture during the development phase of AAIS which is now a core critical business system for Verizon
- Senior technical team lead for the field trial of high-visibility commercial product. Spent 5 months in Germany ensuring the integration and operation of POC systems with foreign customers legacy systems
- Instrumental work done around UNIX system performance tuning and data migration from legacy mainframe application to UNIX based open system
- Senior lead engineer responsible for the pre-production roll-out of the AAIS system nationwide
- Software development on numerous projects using C, C++, Java
- Oracle, Informix, and DB2 database administrator duties
- Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, and IBM AIX system administration
Hired to start new business ventures into white box PC sales and reseller program development. Built solid customer based around IT consulting and network/systems infrastructure. Successfully deployed numerous IT systems to local small businesses
- Launched a white-box OEM PC division from zero to a cash-flow positive division in under six months
- Established new vendor partnerships and grew the systems reseller division to +4x revenue numbers
- Launched companies first website and e-commerce system, with hooks into supply-chain and order fulfillment
- Lead engineering consulting division installing and supporting numerous local SMB business networks
Worked as a consultant for various local companies developing software and providing systems and software consulting services
Projects built in the last five years, grouped by general category and use-case
iOS and Android applications
- social media app - clone of instagram, geotagging, media upload, FB login and integration, contact list invite/import
- recipe app - fetch new content from server, custom CMS backend
- industrial automation control app - connect to indurtrial equipment report status, change settings, schedule firmware updates, proxy delivery for remote sites
- customer lead generation kiosk app - kiosk mode collects customer data, ships to backend and into CRM system.
- on-site healthcare reporting app - home care nurse application to collect patient data and administer home care, integrated to custom backend and ties into insurance billing and claim processing system.
- field data collection app - remote worker assignment data collection app for on-site service support and inventory, works with custom built API, and rolls data up to salesforce.com
- precision video download and playback app - instagram, facebook, youtube integration, custom made video codec processor, custom built backend API stack and dropbox integration
- immersive educational trivia game app - with large screen control head built
- produce harvest tracking app - mobile app client scans worker badge and tracks hand picked counts, custom built backend/API for a interactive educational museum attraction
- remote deposit check app - for chain of credit unions and affiliates, purpose built photo check scan app with image processing and remote deposit and account management features, API integration with banking systems
workflow and paperless mapping and optimization
- medical claim processing - complete workflow mapping and paperless automation system, API integration with quickbooks, FAX and VOIP providers, legacy API integration with medical coding system, PDF generation, geospatial
- medical service delivery - complete workflow mapping and paperless automation system, API integration into HETS(hippa) eligibility system, PDF generation, geospatial, compliance reporting
- hospital access tracking system - built for vendors and contractors, badge generation and access tracking, included mobile app development and kiosk mode
systems built to handle end-user payments and subscriptions
- prescription drug e-commerce system - multi pharmacy and inventory control, credit card processing, membership / monthly billing, accounting API integration and reporting, geospatial, compliance, PDF generation
- grocery store retailer digital presence application - retail store chain website management, coupon and circular generation, tracking and delivery of digital resources
- fund-raising/crowd-sourcing application - clone of gofundme targeted at school age children to raise funds for school trips and activities, integration with credit card processor and ECH bank transactions.
- multiple applications - credit card processing, memberships, metered billing based on usage
Fulfillment, Inventory and asset management
applications built to facilitate delivery and management of products and services
- multiple applications - tie in to UPS/FedEx shipping label printing APIs
- medical service delivery - asset tracking, appointment tracking, dispatch and queue assignment
- industrial automation - dispatch and install technician assignment, job prep checklist enforcement
- medical supply cabinet automation application - RFID driven remote inventory management, built custom prototype RFID tag reader hardware tied into backend API which tracks and auto re-orders and delivers replacement products
- produce farm harvest tracking backend - backend for mobile app: matches mobile scanned "picks" in the field with a worker, tracks harvest and ties into billing accounting systems via export file access
- multiple applications - inventory management both digital and physical, supply chain ties-ins, shipping and fulfillment tie-ins, API integration to quickbooks and other COTS accounting packages
customer resource management applications and integrations
- multiple applications - salesforce, sugarCRM and various other COTS CRMs
application integration into popular bookeeping billing and accounting systems
- multiple applications - API integration into Quickbooks/Xero/ many other smaller systems, CMS medical code billing (X.12/HL7 EDI interfaces), QR coded paper FAX billing with return "auto association" via scan
applications and integrations created for the social media space
- multiple applications - Facebook integration ranging from simple login to full graph implementation, Twitter API integration OAuth and timeline, Instagram API integration
Connecting software and systems to industrial systems
- industrial pump control system - complete design and architecture of system to install, configure and manage industrial fluid pumps, remote mobile app for management and firmware delivery, custom designed micro controller firmware for serial communications to device and common message formatting across 4 platforms.
IoT and other
internet of things and other special projects
- custom designed hardware circuit for motorcycle - reverse safety interlock circuit for consumer aftermarket installation
- racetrack timing and scoring system - RFID tag reader interface into custom developed backend application which tracks scoring, timing, and configurable bracket and race organization
- alexa voice assistant skill backend - alexa skill development and backend, customer facing setup wizard, text/SMS message delivery
- Hard worker, Strong analytical, conceptual, research and problem solving skills
- Very good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, fast learning
- Experienced with multi-disciplinary team environments
- Excellent formal presentation skills, Patient and self motivated. Flexible and adaptable character
- Ability and willingness for fast learning, Strong motivator, Ability to work under pressures
- Entrepreneur spirit, and proponent of lean and agile methodologies